Photobucket

Friday, September 3, 2010

Coconut Bay Beach Resort

Our arrival at Coconut bay was just simple. It was nothing fancy and they didn’t even help with the bags. Coconut bay is kind of a low key resort, if you want help you need to ask for it. It is a budget resort which was nice atmosphere. The room we stayed at was the ambassador suite which I thought had 4 different beds; it was 2 queen size beds.



My family at our room

Once I was settled in I went to Agusan to see everyone and to have some drinks with my cousin. The next following days were going to be busy because we had mums birthday to prepare. I met with the restaurant manager to see the hall and to make plans on what was going to be for our buffet.





The birthday was a success with the help of the staff of Coconut bay. Issues I came across with Coconut bay is that they have a sign stating no foods or drinks allowed from outside. It was ok with me because I had a deal with the manager because I was staying long term. One big thing I was disappointed in was that I bought vodka to the swimming pool, the manager came over and reminded me of the policy but the issue is they don’t sell vodka. How can I drink vodka poolside if you don’t sell it and you won’t let me bring it? I thought that is still quite unfair too bad for the Russian tourists.

Check the link for their advertisment on CDO Guide
http://cdoguide.com/hotels/resort/coco.html


They advertised that the ambassador suite is newly built; I hardly call 5 years new. There were cracks on the walls, the door didn’t lock properly in the toilet, and I had allot of issues when it came to the structure. Another issue was that the ambassador suite is suppose to be like their first class, they are making noises next to our room banging and constructing at like 5am in the morning that isn’t really acceptable. Even the room next to us complained of the noise. The toilet was always getting clogged or there was always an issue.

My experience at Coconut bay was mixed, I had some issues with the place, but for the price it was average. I would recommend Coconut bay for small stays but I would not recommend it for long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment